The Weekend Essential: Alexis Tourron
CREATIVE DIRECTOR FOR EMYUN
ABOUT HIM: I am a designer and co-founder along with Stefano Panterotto of Panter&Tourron, a design and consultancy studio based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
FAVOURITE DESTINATION: For work, we travel a lot and sometimes we don’t get really get to properly enjoy the weekend. When I have some time off, I recharge the batteries traveling in my van that I fully furnished for every occasion. Outdoors and breath-taking views fill my soul more than anything, but sometimes I also enjoy a weekend of well-deserved relax.
For this weekend escape I decided to go to Therme Vals (picture number 13), a beautiful spot Designed by architect Peter Zumthor and located in the german part of Switzerland.
HE NEVER LEAVES WITHOUT:
1. Emyun Zurigo pants in black, they are truly comfortable for travelling in style.
2. Every vacation in an opportunity for inspiration, I always pack with me a notebook & pencils like this one here (number 7 and 9).
3. A black turtle neck in 100% wool (like this one), a staple piece pretty versatile for winter trips.
4. Rayban round metal sunglasses, with a retro look and feel. Worn by legendary musicians and inspired by the 1960s.
5. My orange Patagonia Fitz Roy jacket, an item that I bought during my time in San Francisco.
6. A solid and sturdy Clipper lighter in metal and a simple but useful Opinel pocket knife (number 8), for an evening around the camp fire!
10. My little I-pod shuffle – I never listen to music from my phone because when I travel, I have to save battery and this is the perfect compromise: it offers quite a lot of storage space, long-lasting battery and a beautiful minimal shape.
11. On my feet I always wear Camper’s shoes, a brand I love for their bold design approach.
12. I usually pack all of this inside my water resistant Freitag bag.